Over the weekend...


We all had pumpkin pancakes...


I made Kale chips... they didn't go over well with the humans... 


We had a beautiful sunset...


We got our beaver dam road that washed out, fixed...


Bucket tried to eat my fingers...


But only to get the snap peas I had... 


The turkeys came on Thanksgiving day... 


But clearly were not worried they'd be eaten... 


I made the cutest appetizer ever. Olive penguins. then we ate them all... 


I played in the leaves... 


Found this mushroom growing out of the side of a tree... 


spent some time by the marsh... 


Explored some of our trails... 


and then we played in the leaves some more... 


The milkweed pods have opened up...


it's fun to walk through them, and have them all blow all over you... 


we visited this poor tree... who has lots of gypsy moth damage... 


We brought my chimes Jim made for me after a good friend, Mellow the horse passed away, in from the forest for repairs...


I got tired... so I drank this... it helped...


Then I made these Irish Whiskey coffee bars... 


And Norman and Douglas begged me to let them have some... 


Nope, sorry boys. Booze and coffee - not for kids... 


20 Hickory logs got cut into rounds... 


We saw something in the forest looking at us from a tree...


WHO is that? 


Oh! A Barred Owl... and he let us take pictures and admire him for a while even... all in the spirit of Thanksgiving...


And we ate these... mini prosciutto and sharp cheddar quiches. They were delicious. I also made a pumpkin cake roll, a 15 pound turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, roasted butternut squash, wild rice salad and homemade bread in between dealing with hormonal, stinky, hyper, hungry, hormonal, goats. Did I mention they are hormonal? 

*Note: not in order of actual events... 

Comments

Awesome pictures, as usual! Love the leaves send som to Florida lease, and would love a post on the mini quiches! :)
The JR said…
I've made kale chips before, they do take some getting use to.

Yes, need recipe on mini quiches.....look so good.

Cool owl pics. Luv your place.....Pure heaven.
jaz@octoberfarm said…
everyone's goats seem to be hormonal right now! i guess it is that time of year. what a perfect fall weekend you had.love seeing the owl. i love milkweed. i need to find seeds so i can plant some.i make those same penguins to go with a cream cheese covered cheese ball that looks like an igloo.

Popular Posts