Caught her!

 

I think I found the hacker! I've noticed Noel has been sneaking around late at night and I think she got into my email.... Really, I wouldn't put it past her ;)

Thanks to Kevin's patience and help, we got my email sorted out and also found out what's wrong with my laptop. It's a hardware problem... it will only run on battery now, it can't be plugged in. Apparently that's a common problem with this particular Toshiba laptop. At least I can use it on battery without it freezing, for now, and we also know it's not a virus. All our scans have been coming up clean so we had a feeling it was something else. We'll wait now until there is a good sale on and we can replace this one. 

I learned a valuable lesson yesterday. Don't check your email before you've had coffee. On a good day, I try not to do anything before I've had a cup of coffee, that way I feel much better equipped to deal with anything that might come up :)

It continues to be outrageously warm here. I mean, t-shirt weather. This morning it's a bit windy but so warm you almost forget it's the 14th of November. Except that there are no leaves and everywhere you look... you see November, you just can't feel it yet. It's been really nice. Of course the ticks continue to be found in large amounts on all of us, and I got my first bite two nights ago. It had just started to dig into my tummy when I found it.

I was up early to receive a load of hay this morning and I was standing outside in my pajamas and I was too warm even in my light polar bear yoga pants and sweater.

It's so hard to get used to it being completely dark just after 5 PM.... last night after chores, Kevin and I went out to check a trail camera we had moved the night before.... we found a big scrape and rub in the same place from a large buck (by the look of the scrape and rub) and set up a camera to see what we'd catch. The camera is quite a ways from the house (it's the furthest one, as far away as you can get by trail from the house), so it was different driving around in the complete dark so far into the forest. Yesterday was very windy but in the evening the wind died down and it was so quiet. It's amazing how in the dark, all your other senses are heightened... Your hearing, your sense of smell. The forest takes on an entirely different feel and life. The buck had not yet returned to his scrape. Seeing that it is the two weeks of gun season we have here, he may never return to his scrape. But we'll watch to see if he does.

One of our other cameras picked up a couple of pictures recently....



Our other two cameras, have been active but I have not brought the chips home to transfer the pictures into the computer lately.

When we were checking a different camera two nights ago around 4 PM, we woke this doe up... she was lying near one of our trails in the juniper bushes and we startled her. But once she got up she wasn't worried about us at all, she was looking at something else in the distance, or listening to something else.


 I played around with my camera yesterday afternoon, trying to get used to the zoom and the lighting. It is different than my other one...

Buckwheat in all his hormonal glory

one of the turkeys cleaning up

Basswood who jumped the fence before I took this picture and where he wasn't really supposed to be

Now for the zoom... How does that work? Hmmm....

Notice Max has hay in his mouth... 

 Let's try again....


That's better... 


Yep. I like this camera.

Let's try some close ups of Hilda... she's not camera shy.

 Hilda... there is a fly on your nose...

apparently she doesn't care...


time for a drink... 



Meanwhile, Flavious ignores the entire situation. 

 
Today is a clean up day. After I help Kevin haul in a couple loads of wood, I'm headed back to the barn to clean pens.  As the morning fades into early afternoon, the wind is coming up... If I can just get this Pug and Chihuahua off my lap, I'll be able to get back to work. Oh and for future reference, when you find odd words on my blog, or something that doesn't make sense, please take into account, I don't write this blog alone...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ha! Same here! My cats will come and jump on the keyboard. I love the close ups of Hilda drinking. What kind of camera do you have?
The JR said…
lol...you should try to read with a cat in the middle of your tummy staring at you!

Great pics.
I love the close-up of Max's soulful gaze. (Gosh I miss the love filled gaze of a dog...)

Coyotes at night...I know they have as much right to be there, but I really don't like to know they are out there.

Your photos make me realize how much I need a new camera.

N

Popular Posts