Almost ready to go

Photobucket

We went out in the Argo this afternoon for a long ride, which was a great deal of fun, except when we slammed into a rock, and my knee hit the winch control... ouch. But what is fun without the bruises to prove it?

Photobucket

The colors are peaking, I'm so glad we got to see them at their height before we leave for this trip. When we return they will be over, so we got to enjoy them a little bit and today was the prettiest day yet.

Photobucket
Especially before sunset tonight.

Photobucket

Photobucket
We went back to our cedar swamp today, somewhere we haven't been much since we've been home from our summer trip. We found a fresh buck scrape today, which is a sign to all does around, that he is around, and the best man in town. They scrape a spot with their antlers, pee in it, and then leave their hoof print.

Photobucket

and I found this seed pod....

Photobucket
Found lots of mushrooms back there, I think the extra rain has really been bringing them all out.

Photobucket

We also found an Osprey nest, which is really neat

Photobucket
AND something so exciting! We went out to check the mail and even found these guys:


The lake is starting to change color too....


on our new loop road, we found several new trees busted with the storms the past couple of nights. We got yet another storm last night full of heavy winds and rain.


Photobucket

It was so nice to get out and just enjoy the forest before we leave. It was cool outside with a small breeze and blue skies, and this evening was even nicer. We had a beautiful sunset. I got several pictures of critters on rounds. Here are a couple to share of one of our local beavers, the one Kevin is always fighting because he keeps flooding one of our roads, and a snake...




Tomorrow will be a busy day of fixing the camper, finishing packing, getting hair cuts, and last minute groceries. I will post during our trip as I am able to. I know in Colorado I will have WIFI in the hotel, so I'll be able to update there if not sooner.

So for now, I put away my normal footwear, for something a little higher, and a little more difficult to walk in...


I can't believe tomorrow is the last day of September already. October is almost here. Oh and before I go, if you like chocolate cookies, make these. These were soooo good. Just be prepared you'll eat more of them than you want to, so keep that in mind.


You can find the recipe here :) 

Comments

Popular Posts