photo 063blog_zpsd478b81d.jpg

I started to write this post yesterday and would you believe my computer froze... And then guess what it did? It died. I mean just bit the dust right in front of me. No warning, nothing. Poof.

I thought the hard drive was wiped out again like in January. We couldn't believe it. Kevin was already going into the city to stock up on groceries so he took my laptop with him. Come to find out the hard drive was OK. But the motherboard was fried. :( Talk about bad timing too. Sweet husband that he is, Kevin bought me a new laptop so I wouldn't have to try and recover with no computer, and he brought it home last night. It's got Windows 8 in it, which I already love, but it's different so I'm trying to get the hang of it, also just typing on this laptop is different than my old and well loved one, so it's strange still. Takes a lot more energy to type because things don't flow properly yet :)

The week after surgery in Atlanta I slept pretty much all day every day. I've never slept so much in my life. Obviously I must have needed it and it felt good. I had pain but it was manageable.

We left Atlanta on Thursday morning to head back to Syracuse NY to get our truck, and the sitting upright, driving, flight delays, and flight itself, almost killed me. None of us expected it to be as hard on me as it was, and it really did a number on my body.

 I was full of pain medication and still cried most of the time. The pain from sitting in an upright position from the work they did just about killed me. Riding in the wheelchair through the airport, bumping and banging, the delays. It took us over 6 hours to get back to Syracuse which takes 2 hours. So it was a lot. By the time we got to the hotel in Syracuse (which thankfully Kevin had pre-booked) I took more pain medication and went to sleep. Friday morning we got up early and stopped to pick up a new canoe we had ordered, then headed for home. By then I had started having some major trouble. I called the nurse in Atlanta and she said it was OK, it was from the trauma of travel and that I needed to get home and into bed. She told me I needed to be on bed rest for a few days to get my body to calm back down and all these new side effects to subside. This new problem and sudden horrible pain really scared me.

We got home and since Friday afternoon I've been in bed in a tremendous amount of pain that the pain medication hasn't been helping. We've been in touch with the nurse in Atlanta throughout the weekend, just monitoring the situation and making sure I didn't need to go to the ER here... something I do not want to do unless I really have to.

So far I'm getting through. I need to stay on bed rest throughout the week. I need to walk a bit to help with the pain and also because my legs get so sore from constantly lying down but that causes other issues, so it's rather annoying, but plugging along here. Yesterday afternoon the pain did let up a bit, and although it's still more than I'd like, it is less than Saturday which was really probably the worst pain I've been in with any of my 6 surgeries mostly because of the location, as well as the intensity.

But now I'm just hoping things will calm down, back to a more manageable and normal level, and I'm very happy to be home. It feels so good to be in my own bed. I haven't been able to spend too much time with the little dogs yet, they have been in bed a couple times though and this morning Douglas and I got some cuddle time in. Hoping when I start feeling feeling a little better, they'll be able to spend more time in bed with me.

And also as I figure this new laptop out, hopefully I'll be able to spend some time catching up on blogs and emails :)

Kevin told me Jim and he found a tremendous amount of ripe chokecherries and I've been sitting here ever since upset that I am not able to make use of them at all since I can't even stand up yet - let alone do "stuff." But it dawned on me this morning, I can freeze them! Then when I am able to, I can still turn them into jelly :) Now I just need to beg someone to pick them for me!

Thank you all so much for the continued support, it's really helped me tremendously on this journey. I'm hoping eventually when I'm healed I'll feel a lot of relief from this surgery. He did a huge amount of work on me, so I'm hopeful it's going to make a huge difference. If I can just get my body to relax a bit and heal. I keep telling it to calm down, it won't be traveling again for a long time so it doesn't need to be so upset now!


I can't even imagine trying to travel after such a drastic surgery. I didn't even have that kind of work done and thought I was dying when I got to go home only minutes away.

Please get well soon.

Dewena Callis said…
Brave, sweet girl, it's so good to hear from you. So many of us praying and wanting everything to be well with you. All along, knowing that this must have been one of the hardest things in your life, for both of you. The important thing is that you made it and are in your own bed and now this next stage of work is ready for you. Please give it the attention and obedience needed and always look at the big picture. At what you will feel like next summer! That's more important than any jelly you can make.

Keeping this short for your sake and sending love and prayers to you both,
I'm so happy for you that you are finally back home and recovering. It breaks my heart to know how hard it was for you on your travels back, but now I hope your body will settle down and you can start the healing process. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers!
Lana88 said…
I have been anxiously awaiting your update! I am so glad to hear from you. I am still thinking and praying for you constantly, and hoping that your pain subsides very soon for good.

If I was there, I would totally pick berries for you!! ;D
Dee said…
Si glad to hear from you and to hear you are getting better slowly. Please take things slowly and let your body heal.
Nana-Bob said…
Be well my friend and please try to relax. I think Kevin should get you some crayons and a coloring book and let you go to town...remember those days? ;)
If were there, I would go pick some of those choke cherries for you. :/
I am sure the puppers LOVE having you back too. I know we are.
take care and heal well. :)
jaz@octoberfarm said…
yay!!! you are home. i am so sorry to hear about all the pain you have but make sure to stay in bed and hopefully it will all be gone soon and then you will be better than you have been in a long time. bummer about the computer but at least you have the time to practice with the new one! don't push yourself!!!
12Paws said…
Dewena said so well all I'm feeling for you. Especially about taking the best possible care of yourself. Listen to your body--you'll know when doing the next thing is doable. Love & prayers.
Glad that you are home finally and your body is healing!! I do pray that this surgery will do the trick and give you a pain free life. I can't even imagine what you are having to go through!! Thoughts and prayers to you and your husband and I know that all your animals are thrilled to have you back home!!
jody said…
OMG!!please take it easy my blog friend and take the time to heal.. if you dont its a whole nother ball game. im sending lots of thoughts and prayers!im so sorry the traveling was so hard..its behind you now and you are home with your babes.. im going to take some time and scroll down and catch up. you have been in my thoughts... take care.
Dreaming said…
Being home will probably help with the healing - it has to feel good to be able to be yourself. Do get as much rest as you can.
Isn't it amazing how dogs sense things going on with their humans?
Denise in PA said…
So good to hear from you, Donna. Sorry that you're in so much pain, but I'll keep saying prayers for you! I wish I was close enough to come pick those berries for you! Hugs o:)
Hopefully being at home and resting will be just what your body needs to continue healing. Sending thoughts and prayers your way from Pittsburgh!

Popular Posts