Have you ever wondered...

Photobucket

Why Sammy is so spoiled? 

He came from a large dairy farm where he was taken from his mom instantly and did not get enough colostrum... He came to me on day two and he was a sick little boy. The second buckling I got with him died that night despite our efforts to save him.

Photobucket

Photobucket

It took plenty of TLC and meds get Sammy through. It took a long time, he fought infections for quite a while. He lived in the house for months. 

Clearly he's fine now. He's the biggest goat we have. He loves his food. I can't blame him. He's healthy, and he's quite happy. He bosses everyone else around, does naughty things and let others take the fall for it...

So don't feel badly for him. Here is a quick glimpse into his kid hood (minus all the needles mom was giving him all the time)...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
As you can see, he's been a mama's boy right from the very start. He has me wrapped around his hoof and he knows it. 

Comments

Dewena said…
I am so in love with your animals! First it was Horace and now it's Sammy. Love the picture of Sammy in his "kid hood ", all 4 of you cuddling together.

Everyone on your farm is just too adorable!
Suzan said…
So sad that they do that to new borns!! Poor mom goat too having her kids taken from her!! He's lucky to have you there to "save" him!! You are his Momma :-}}
jaz@octoberfarm said…
omg...sammy is so cute. you have the luckiest animals!!!
Oh my gosh, what a cutie! Now I know why he is so spoiled ;) I'm so glad you were able to rescue him. I hate that large dairy farms take the babies away from the mothers. So sad, but it is the nature of the milk industry.
Ellen in Oregon said…
Sammy is so lucky that your paths crossed. Norman seems to be saying "What did Mom bring home this time"?
Leigh said…
I love that you got him and pulled him through. I'm so glad the trend is to not pull kids so soon. Actually, we lost our llama because he was weaned too young. It was terrible to watch him waste away because he couldn't assimilate his food properly. I've always wondered if I'd figured it out sooner, if we couldn't have done something. It's such a treat to see Sammie so loved and doing so well.
The JR said…
He's lucky he had all your love to pull him through.

Popular Posts