A snowy May day?


It snowed today, and boy is it ever cold! March and April were so warm, I figured we'd have to pay for it somehow. At least it's just snow flurries, nothing is sticking to the ground yet.

I spend most of this Sunday baking and cooking. It's a great way to relieve some of the recent stress. Nothing makes me feel better than cooking, other than cuddling with the kids. Kevin kept the woodstove going all day.

Our Rhubarb patches have been growing like crazy and I have been eyeing them up. I broke a stalk in half and tasted it the other day and it was good, sweet, ripe, ready for pie. So today I made a strawberry rhubarb pie, which is one of my all time favorite pies. I say one, because I have many. What is there not to love about pie?

So now that the chores are done and evening is here, it's time for a cup of tea and slice of pie. We are watching the most fascinating show about a Shepard in Tibet and his flock of 600 sheep.

Popular Posts