End of the day

I wanted something to put hay in for Chance (the llama) and Wrambler (our Haflinger horse.) and we haven't had time to build something yet - so this worked out just fine for now! Chance and Wrambler both liked it.

Black creek tonight.

Tree fungus I picked tonight... they are good to paint on when dry.



Getting the fire started tonight.
Well, I am exhausted. But we got a lot of work done today. It's after 9pm now and we just had supper. Now I'm enjoying the warm fire and my hot cup of raspberry honey tea. It's heavenly. Soon, I'll be asleep. My legs ache, I hurt my food today by dropping something on it, I can't remember what, I dropped things on it more than once. And I'm so tired. But it feels great. It's one of the best parts of living on a farm or living in the bush. It's a good feeling in my heart and soul, even if my body isn't overly pleased.
Yesterday we finally found two goats to add to our family. We have two goats now. Hilda the pygmy goat who is retired. She's an oldie and has been through a lot. And Bucket of course, who is a mix breed goat. We call her the "Bucket breed." We have however been looking for a good doe to eventually use for milking. I love goats, they are the greatest critters. Even though they can be a pain in the rear, our girls are great. These new girls will be too. There is a goat that looks exactly like Bucket, but a different color... and the other girl is definately a Nubian mix. You can see it in the ears. They are super friendly. The Bucket type breed goat, licked my face, ate my hair. Exactly what I would expect. They will be coming home on the weekend, and I couldn't be more excited. They are the same age as Bucket, just over a year. They don't have names yet, the young man whom has them now never named them. I cannot imagine, but I'm actually glad they don't have silly names that they know well or something. I keep calling them "Kibble" and "Cookie." But we'll see :)
So today we worked on a temporary house for them until we get all the stalls done in the barn for winter. We need to finish their yard up, but that will be easy. Mostly we moved manure... cleaned up from last spring and summer, and got our lumber piled up and organized to begin work inside the barn on stalls. I got all our rabbits cleaned up and chores done, and Kevin got more siding on the sunporch. We worked until about 7pm, then we went out in the forest, visited with the deer, looked for dead trees that needed to be marked for winter wood, and enjoyed the changing colors of the forests. It's such a beautiful time of year. It's cool in the evenings now, we may even get frost tonight. It's delightful. Heaven on earth this time of year in the forest.
I made some new feeders for the sheep which I am pleased with. Wrambler had so much fun while Kevin was cleaning up the paddocks... he was running, rolling, and having a ball. I sat with the goats when I couldn't be useful, and Bucket watched Kevin while chewing on my hair in between licking my ear. She is such a goofball. Max, our Great Pyrnees is doing marvelous. He is really starting to fill out now.
It feels good to have the animals cared for, a hard days work under your belt, and a good nights sleep to look forward to. Norman the chihuahua is lying in his bed playing with his sqeaker toys. The Prairie dogs build a huge nest out of their hay, and from the stuffing out of their stuffed pig and are sound asleep. All is right with the world tonight.

Popular Posts